I got this recipe at Macey's after work today. They were having their big case lot food storage sale and had alot of sample tables set up with ways to use your food storage. When I saw this syrup with buttermilk in it, I thought that seemed weird and then I tasted it. It's really good. Super sweet and caramely if thats a word. I happened to have some buttermilk at home that was about to expire so I made some tonight. Excellent!
Buttermilk Syrup
1 c. sugar
1/2 c. Buttermilk
1/2 c. real butter
1 t. light corn syrup
1/2 t. baking soda
1 t. vanilla
Bring the first four ingredients to a boil and then add the baking soda and vanilla.
Serves 4-6 people
Buttermilk Syrup

1 c. sugar
1/2 c. Buttermilk
1/2 c. real butter
1 t. light corn syrup
1/2 t. baking soda
1 t. vanilla
Bring the first four ingredients to a boil and then add the baking soda and vanilla.
Serves 4-6 people
No comments:
Post a Comment